BR 35219 Brake Corridor Second
|BRBritish Rail or British Railways 35219 Brake Corridor Second|
BRBritish Rail or British Railways Brake Corridor Second 35219
|Built By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Wolverton|
|Livery||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Maroon|
|Other numbers||M35219, 99850|
|1995||Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway|
35219 in service and preservation
35219 was built at Wolverton in 1958 to Diagram 181 (AB201), Lot 30427. It entered service in the London Midland region in 1958, remaining in service in that region until October 1975.
35219 was preserved in 1976 at the Bulmers Railway Centre at Hereford, where it had been bought by the 6000 Locomotive Association for use as the main line support vehicle for preserved King Class GWRGreat Western Railway 4-6-0 No 6000 King George V. By 1988 it had received the number 99850, the '99' series being Private User vehicles. It arrived arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from there in July 1995. By 2007 the exterior had been repaired and fully repainted, with the interior re-fitted to replicate the original 1950s condition.
It is normally used in 'Set M', the BRBritish Rail or British Railways Maroon running set, and is now owned by the SVR Charitable Trust.
- Longworth (2013) p.165.
- Railway Heritage Register Carriage Survey
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Charitable Trust website