BR 25346 Standard Corridor
|BRBritish Rail or British Railways 25346 Standard Corridor|
BRBritish Rail or British Railways Corridor Second 25346
|Built By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Wolverton|
|Livery||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Maroon|
Service and preservation
25346 was built in 1957 at Wolverton to Diagram 146 (AA201), Lot 30349. As built, 25346 was fitted with Mk2 'Madison Modified' bogies with plain bearings, although it has since been fitted with standard bogies. It entered service in the London Midland region in August 1957, transferring to the Eastern region in June 1977. It was overhauled at York just before being withdrawn in 1982, from where it was acquired by the LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway and BRBritish Rail or British Railways Coach Fund.
25346 began life on the SVRSevern Valley Railway in InterCity blue and grey livery, before being repainted into its original Carmine and Cream in 1984. A further repaint into Maroon livery took place in 2002.
It was last overhauled in 2010, and is seen photographed in March 2015 as part of the BRBritish Rail or British Railways Maroon set. It is now owned by the SVR Charitable Trust.
Its appearance was improved in mid-2016 by a "quick repaint". It remains in BRBritish Rail or British Railways Maroon livery.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book 9th edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Charitable Trust
- Longworth (2013) pp.137-8.