From SVR Wiki
On April 22 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1966 Three years after closure of the north end of the line, boilers and other equipment for Ironbridge power station were moved by rail from Sutton Bridge Junction to Buildwas.
- 1967 'Mickey Mouse' 46443 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1988 BR Class 31 Diesel No 31413 was named Severn Valley Railway in a ceremony at Bewdley.
- 1991 Former General Manager Bill Gillett died.
- 2014 D1015 Western Champion hauled D1062 Western Courier from Kidderminster to Tyseley for tyre turning, providing a maroon Western hauling another on the mainline, a scene not seen for decades.
- 2016 The The 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust ran a special train in aid of 'The Motion Appeal'. The Eardington Explorer ran between Bridgnorth and Hampton Loade, calling specially at disused Eardington.
Photos taken on 22 April:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history