From SVR Wiki
On April 21 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1974 Refurbishment of the Underbridge on Station Road, Highley continued as the deck timbers were replaced and ash troughs fitted.
- 1996 5764 was photographed taking water at Highley. The water at Highley is not treated, so this facility is not used in normal operations.
- 2010 Hired locomotives E6005 (73005) and D3937 Gladys left the SVRSevern Valley Railway by road to return to the DeanWilliam Dean, Chief Locomotive Engineer of the Great Western Railway 1977-1902 Forest Railway. Both required repairs, the 73 suffering an axle bearing fault and seized turbo around 2005, and the 08 requiring vacuum brake and exhauster repairs.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 32
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 124 p. 15
- Express Points Web Round-UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR), May 2010