Other rolling stock visiting the SVR
From SVR Wiki
This page gives details of miscellaneous items of rolling stock that have visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway. Listing is incomplete.
- Parry People Mover: original PPM 50 prototype for testing. Also visited in 2020 and 2021, see below.
- Track Gopher: Provided on loan by the North Yorkshire Moors Railway to help recover from the 2007 storm damage.
- DR 73309 Plasser & Theurer 07-275 Switch & Crossing Tamper. Used in repairs at Sterns and elsewhere. Seen leaving Kidderminster by low loader in this video
- DR 73913: Plasser and Theurer Switch and Crossing Tamper. Property of Colas rail, the tamper was used in the relaying of a section of track near Waterworks Crossing.
- 6224: Matisa R7 Ballast Regulator. Owned by B&R Track Services. A Ballast Regulator is used to sweep excess ballast from the track.
- GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. biomass hoppers: Five GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. biomass hoppers visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway during July for PR purposes. The hoppers, which are normally used for transporting biomass such as wood pellets to power stations, were numbers 83 70 6955 326-6, 83 70 6955 342-3, 37 70 6955 222-4, 37 70 6955 251-3 and 37 70 6955 272-9 (pictured).
- PSL 193 'Plimsoll' : Mark Saville’s 1957 Series 1 Land Rover, capable of running on road and rails, made a return trip between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster on 12 August. The rail wheels are custom made from LM25 aluminium/magnesium alloy and take around an hour to fit.
- Loram CRG(01) Corrective Rail Grinder: This Network Rail rail grinder arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway on 23 October 2017. The 4 vehicles making up the unit are sequentially numbered DR 79301, DR 79302, DR 79303 and DR 79304. Pictured at Highley, DR 79304 nearest the camera.
- DR 73309 Plasser & Theurer 07-275 Switch & Crossing Tamper. Used in winter 2017-18 infrastructure work at County Boundary and elsewhere. Also visited in 2014.
- "Cavell Van" SE&CRSouth Eastern and Chatham Railway 132: This van was used in 1919 to bring back the body of nurse Edith Cavell from Belgium where she helped 200 Prisoners of War escape before being caught and executed. It was displayed at Arley to commemorate the 100th anniversary of World War 1.
- GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. IIA hoppers: Three GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. IIA hoppers took part in the 2018 Goods Gala in June 2018. The hoppers, which are used to transport Silica sand for the glass industry, were numbers 8170 0659 032-4, 8170 0659 028-2 and 8170 0659 030-8 (pictured).
- PSL 193 'Plimsoll' : Mark Saville’s 1957 Series 1 Land Rover which first visited in 2017 made another return trip between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster on 12 August.
- Loram Rail Grinder on 2 April for training and also improving rail conditions in the process. The 4 vehicles are sequentially numbered DR 79401, DR 79402, DR 79403 and DR 79404 (nearest the camera). A similar unit visited in October 2017 as listed above.
- GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. IIA hoppers: Three further GBRfGB Railfreight, a main line rail freight operating company. IIA hoppers, as described in 2018 above, visited in June 2019 for a charter event. On this occasion the hoppers were numbers 8070 0659 011-8, 8070 0659 032-4 and 8070 0659 013-4.
- Osprey flat wagons: 18 wagons, with Sibelco sand hoppers, visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway in June 2019, used to deliver a large quantity of rail.
- PSL 193 'Plimsoll' : Mark Saville’s 1957 Series 1 Land Rover which visited in 2017 and 2018 made another return trip between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster during the Classic Vehicle Day on 31 August.
- Parry People Mover: In April 2019 Parry People Movers announced plans to upgrade the original PPM 50 prototype ('Car 12') and seek approval for its entry into passenger service as ‘No 139000’. It was delivered to the SVRSevern Valley Railway in February 2020 for testing, leaving later in the year.
- DR 73309 Plasser & Theurer 07-275 Switch & Crossing Tamper. Arrived on hire July 2020. Previously hired in 2014 and 2018.
- Parry People Mover: PPM 50 prototype 'Car 12' returned to the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- Rolling stock
- Diesel Locomotives visiting the SVR for galas
- Steam Locomotives visiting the SVR for galas
- Picture in SVRSevern Valley Railway News 159, Autumn 2007
- railtechnologymagazine.com (retrieved 2 June 2018)
- Severn Valley Diesels (Official Group) Facebook
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 207, pp. 10-11
- Parry News Issue 76, April 2019, p. 6.
- SVR-Online Forum