From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1878 Board of Trade inspector Col. Rich inspected Bewdley Tunnel and passed it for use, but installing regular points (rather than crossing points) on the approach to Bewdley and installing a footbridge at Bewdley were still required before the Kidderminster Loop Line could open.
- 1971 GWR 107291 Macaw B Bogie Bolster and GWR 42343 Machinery Flat arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Round Oak Steelworks.
- 1986 BR Riddles 4MT 75069 ran light engine from Tyseley to Saltley to take over from 777 Sir Lamiel on the South Yorkshireman to Marylebone.
- 1986 GWR 4930 Hagley Hall worked five Tiddly Dyke Tours between Andover and Ludgershall.
- 1988 BR 4593 Tourist Standard Open arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Carnforth.
- 2000 Roger Smith transferred ownership of D1013 Western Ranger to Western Ranger Ltd. It is now owned by the charitable Western Locomotive Association.
Photos taken on 22 March:
2015: GWR 601 Hand Crane at Kidderminster
2015: BR 906811 Flat ED
2015: 30 ton steam crane works plate
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Six Bells Junction, SVRSevern Valley Railway News 79
- Six Bells Junction, SVRSevern Valley Railway News 80, page 4