GWR 102691 5 plank Open Goods Wagon
|GWRGreat Western Railway 102691 5 plank Open Goods Wagon|
GWRGreat Western Railway 102691 at Highley Shortly after restoration in 2016
|Built By||GWRGreat Western Railway Swindon|
|Designed By||GWRGreat Western Railway|
|Type||5 plank open with sheet rail|
|Telegraphic code||OPEN B|
|Brakes||Morton with vacuum|
|1985||Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway|
GWRGreat Western Railway vacuum fitted 5-plank open goods wagon 102691, telegraphic code “Open B”, was built at Swindon in 1924 and saw service with the GWRGreat Western Railway, BRBritish Rail or British Railways(W) and the Port of Bristol Authority. It was saved for preservation in 1975 and after spending some time at the West Somerset Railway and the Bristol Harbour Railway, it arrived on the Severn Valley Railway on 28 March 1985. Restoration after arrival was completed in 1989..
The first photo in the gallery below shows 102691 awaiting further restoration in early 2015. This began in May of that year, and by July all the planks and floor boards had been removed. By February 2016 these had been replaced, and sign writing was taking place during the Spring Steam Gala in March 2016 (see below). A number of other photos of the restoration, which was completed in April 2016, can be seen in this thread on the SVRSevern Valley Railway-Online forum.
102691 is owned by The GWR 813 Preservation Fund
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book 9th edition