GWR 13154 5 plank Open Goods Wagon
|GWRGreat Western Railway 13154 5 plank Open Goods Wagon|
GWRGreat Western Railway 13154 5 plank Open Goods Wagon
|Built By||GWRGreat Western Railway Swindon|
|Other Numbers||PBA 58206|
|Type||4-w 5-plank Open|
|Telegraphic code||OPEN A|
|1985||Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway|
13154 was preserved in 1975, initially at the West Somerset Railway and then Bristol Industrial Museum, from where it arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway 28 on March 1985. It was restored in 1986, which required complete timber and curb rail replacement, welding repairs to cracks in both headstocksThe underframe member across each end of a wagon carrying the buffers and coupling. Known as the Bufferbeam on a locomotive. and the replacement of four carrying springs, one bearing, two buffer springs and one cracked buffer head. Parts were also salvaged from another similar wagon number 13260 which had been acquired to be broken up for that purpose.
It received a further overhaul between 2008 and 2011 and was moved into Bewdley Yard in April 2016 for further attention including renewal / refurbishment of the braking equipment.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book 9th Edition
- Railway Heritage Register Wagon Survey
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 82
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Eighth Edition, "Vehicles scrapped on the SVRSevern Valley Railway"
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 84
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 175