Charities associated with the SVR
A number of charitable bodies support the SVRSevern Valley Railway or individual projects or collections, and which are referred to in this Wiki.
Structures registered with the Charity Commission can include a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO), a charitable company or an unincorporated association or trust.
- 1501 Pannier Tank Association
- The 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust
- The Great Western (SVR) Association
- The GWR 813 Preservation Fund
- The Kidderminster Railway Museum Trust Limited
- Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd
- Stanier 8F Locomotive Society
- Trevithick 200
- The Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Trust
- Western Locomotive Association
Charitable community benefit societies
A charitable community benefit society (CBSCommunity Benefit Society, a charitable body) has exclusively charitable purposes. It may not register as a charity with the Charity Commission, but instead must apply to HMRC to be recognised as an exempt charity for tax purposes.
The Bridgnorth Footbridge Trust commissioned a new footbridge outside Bridgnorth station. The Trust, Charity number 701636, was registered on 1 June 1989 and removed from the register on 27 February 1998 when it ceased to exist.
The Ironbridge Railway Trust
The Ironbridge Railway Trust was registered as charity no. 1129939 on 2 June 2009. It is independent from the SVRSevern Valley Railway. Its charitable objects include to develop, construct, preserve, operate the railway between Buildwas and Bridgnorth via Ironbridge, connecting to the existing Severn Valley Railway.
Organisation intending to move to charitable status
- The Charity Commission (retrieved 5 January 2017)
- The Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Trust website (retrieved 4 January 2017)
- Community Shares (retrieved 10 September 2019)
- Charity Commission (retrieved 4 January 2017)
- Barry Railway Carriage Trust website (retrieved 5 January 2017)