BR Class 08 D3022
|BRBritish Rail or British Railways Class 08 D3022|
D3022 at Kidderminster in 2011
|Built By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways Derby Works|
|Power type||Diesel Electrical|
|Designed By||BRBritish Rail or British Railways|
|1980||Withdrawn by BRBritish Rail or British Railways|
|1983||Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway|
D3022 is an 0-6-0 Class 08 350hp diesel electric shunting loco built at Derby Works in 1953.
D3022 in main line service
Class 08 locomotive D3022 was one of the first 25 built to Lot 232. Class 08 locomotives could have a number of different design features; this particular example is unusual in having two vacuum exhausters and a chainAs a unit of measurement, 22 yards or 1/80th of a mile driven speedometer.
Entering service in May 1953 and numbered 13022 under the original British Railways numbering scheme, it was allocated to Cricklewood Depot in North London. In 1961 it was renumbered D3022, and in the early 1970s it was transferred to the Eastern Region of British Rail, allocated to Stratford Depot. Renumbered 08015, it moved north shortly afterwards to spend its final years with British Rail based at Shirebrook in the Nottinghamshire coalfield. It was withdrawn from Tinsley Depot, Sheffield, in September 1980 and moved into store.
D3022 in preservation
08015 was the first Class 08 locomotive on the SVRSevern Valley Railway. It was acquired in April 1983 by the Class 08 Society, having been selected as the best of those in store at Swindon. Movement to Bewdley was completed on 27 May 1983.
D3022 is normally based at Kidderminster as a pilot loco, and is currently in BRBritish Rail or British Railways green livery.