From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1961 BRBritish Rail or British Railways Standard Class 3 2-6-2T No 82005 was photographed at Northwood Halt with a southbound passenger service. None of this class survived into preservation, but new build 82045 will enable this scene to be repeated.
- 1971 Bridgnorth Borough Council met to discuss the future of the Hollybush Road Footbridge which had been closed to the public the year before.
- 2001 813 visited Didcot Railway Centre.
- 2005 The HLF granted the Western Locomotive Association £45,500 towards D1062 Western Courier's overhaul, which was used for sending a defective Voith transmission to the manufacturer in Germany.
Photos taken on 29 April:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Mitchell & Smith (2007) fig.37.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 19
- The GWR 813 Preservation Fund Diary of Visits & Steamings 2000 -2010
- The National Lottery