From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1845 A meeting took place at Worcester at which it was noted that the proposed Welsh Midland Railway would be beneficial to the interests of the city.
- 1915 The GWRGreat Western Railway carried out structural repairs to Pig Bridge which included a small plaque bearing this date.
- 1964 4930 Hagley Hall was sold by BRBritish Rail or British Railways to Woodham Bros scrapyard at Barry.
- 1983 An embankment collapse closed the line south of Bridgnorth Bypass Bridge.
- 1988 4566 appeared at Port Sunlight for a Vintage Rail and Public Transport weekend celebrating 100 years of soap making at Levers.
- 1993 “Severn Valley Railway” nameplates were removed from 31413. They later transferred to classmate 31233.
- 1994 D821 Greyhound attended the Exeter Rail Fair, on static display.
- 1997 An application was submitted to the Heritage Lottery Fund seeking funding of £6.5m for the Kidderminster Carriage Shed. The HLFHeritage Lottery Fund (National Lottery Heritage Fund from 2019) requested a scaled-down application, which was submitted in 1998.
- 2016 BR Class 14 D9551 underwent its first runs on SVRSevern Valley Railway metals, on test between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster assisted by 50049.
- 2019 Planning approval was given for the proposed relocated ste for the Bridgnorth Turntable.
Photos taken on 30 April:
2017: Foundations for the new building at Bridgnorth
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history