From SVR Wiki
On April 28 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1963 Tenbury Wells signal box closed with the only traffic being one goods train per day.
- 1979 LMS 5000 moved under her own power for the first time in preservation.
- 1980 LNER 52255 Open Third arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Doncaster
- 1983 686 The Lady Armaghdale left by road for a period on loan to Tyseley Railway Museum. The locomotive spent the night in the Wednesbury yard of the haulage contractor before arriving at Tyseley the following day.
- 1984 A railtour was saved by a copy of Severn Valley Railway News!
- 2001 Virgin Trains' Class 47 No 47828 was named 'Severn Valley Railway Kidderminster Bewdley Bridgnorth' in a ceremony at Kidderminster.
- 2009 An opening ceremony was held for The Engine House
- 2010 BR Class 08 D3022 conducted a big shunt at The Engine House with LMS 798 Royal Coach being moved in. BR 80300 Post Office Sorting Van, MR Midland Compound 1000, LMS Stanier 8F 48773 and GWR Pannier 7714 were other vehicles involved.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 70
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 72
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 136
- Sharpo's World