National Lottery Heritage Fund
The Trustees of the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMFTrustees of the National Heritage Memorial Fund – see HLF), known as the National Lottery Heritage Fund and previously the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLFHeritage Lottery Fund (National Lottery Heritage Fund from 2019)), distribute money raised by the Lottery that is allocated to heritage. The Fund is a non-departmental public body accountable to Parliament via the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMSDepartment for Culture, Media and Sport). It is the largest dedicated funder of heritage in the UK, distributing over £400 million each year with individual grants upwards from £3,000.
Typically grants are in the form of match funding. These require the applicant provides a proportion of the project cost from the applicant’s own funds or raised by them in the form of other grants and donations. This can also include an in-kind amount, costed for volunteer hours that will be worked on that project.
Grants to the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society and associations connected with it have comprised:
|1999||Construction of Kidderminster Carriage Shed||£1,757,000|||
|2001||Restoration of GNR 2701 Composite Corridor||£84,300|||
|2001||Kidderminster Railway Museum||£177,500|||
|2004||Staging of Railcar50||£49,100|||
|2005||Western Locomotive Association overhaul of D1062 Western Courier||£45,500|
|2005||Construction of The Engine House||£3,464,000|||
|2007-08||Recovery from the 2007 Storm Damage||£250,000|||
|2014||GWR 4930 Hagley Hall||£95,000|||
|2017-2019||Falling Sands Viaduct||£925,600|||
|2020||2020 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic||£250,000|||
People's Postcode Lottery
In December 2017 the SVR Charitable Trust announced an award of £10,000 from the Postcode Local Trust, a grant-giving charity funded entirely by players of People's Postcode Lottery, to construct an Anderson shelter and covered seating area at The Engine House.
- European Union (and predecessors) funding
- Severn Valley Railway Timeline 1990-1999
- Severn Valley Railway Timeline 2000-2009
- Severn Valley Railway Timeline 2010-2019
- DCMS website (Retrieved 18 February 2017)
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society News 130
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society News 137
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society News 148, 149
- SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society News 152
- Sowden (2012), P28
- Charitable Trust
- Charitable Trust Future Fund
- SVR website
- Smith, R., 'Severn Valley Railway receives £250,000 funding boost ahead of reopening', Shropshire Star, 15 July 2020 (Retrieved 15 July 2020)
Pages in category ‘Lottery funding’
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.