From SVR Wiki
On September 18 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1879 Leviathan Thorpe, an expectant mother, was arrested for fortune-telling. She was sentenced to six months hard labour. Some years later she gave birth to George Thorpe, who in time became a licensee of The Railwayman's Arms.
- 1921 Billingsley Colliery closed, although the colliery railway continued in use to serve a landsale yard on the Bridgnorth to Cleobury Mortimer road.
- 1940 Railcar 22 entered service from Newport shed.
- 1967 GWR 1399 Milk Brake arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Worcester.
- 1986 GWR 41277 4 plank Open Goods Wagon arrived at the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Sharpness Docks, havong been condemned there by the GWRGreat Western Railway 51 years previously.
- 1999 The railway saw an unusual visitor with a through Bridgnorth - Paignton excursion using a BRBritish Rail or British Railways HST
- 2018 GWR 2857 Heavy Goods Loco reached 100,000 miles in preservation.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 98.