From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1965 A Stephenson Locomotive Society railtour from Snow Hill via Worcester and Bewdley visited Alveley Sidings, helping to publicise the fledgling Severn Valley Railway Society.
- 1978 The railway was inspected by the Department of Transport's Inspecting Officer, Maj. Olver.
- 1986 GWR 2424 Fruit Van arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Reading.
- 1996 BR Class 50 50035 Ark Royal moved by road to the SVRSevern Valley Railway from St Leonards where initial restoration work and start-up was carried out.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Magner (1997) p. 36.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 49