From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1888 The second Buildwas signal box opened.
- 1908 The Board of the GWRGreat Western Railway authorised expenditure of £700 to repair the arch of Bewdley Tunnel.
- 1970 An informal meeting with around 300 SVRSevern Valley Railway members took place at Kidderminster Town Hall to gauge support for the purchase of the southern section of the line to Foley Park.
- 1982 LMS Stanier Class 5 45000 took the Welsh Marches Pullman through Shrewsbury to Chester.
- 1993 BR Riddles 4MT 80079 with sister 80080 travelled between Pantyffynnon and Shrewsbury.
- 1999 LMS Stanier Class 5 45110 operated the Fishburn Flyer between Crewe and Carnforth.
- 2004 GWR 7802 Bradley Manor hauled the Cambrian Coast Express between Shrewsbury and Aberystwyth.
- 2017 Network Rail's Loram CRG(01) Corrective Rail Grinder visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history