From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1930 Mr C B CollettCharles Benjamin Collett, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1922-1941 instructed that MinkGWR telegraphic code signifying a covered goods van G wagons be fitted with 'InstanterA type of three link chain coupling with a special triangular-shaped middle link which provides sufficient slack for coupling, but when rotated through 90 degrees shortens the length of the chain, reducing the slack without the need to wind a screw.' couplings, including SVR example 112889.
- 1958 Wickham Trolley 9021 was delivered new to the Ministry of Supply Kineton Detachment, No. 1 Railway Group
- 1967 Manning Wardle 0-6-0PT 2047 Warwickshire arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1980 Ruston & Hornsby diesel shunter 'Alan' (works no 414304/1957) was delivered to Bridgnorth.
- 1981 GWR Collett Bow-Ended Coach No 5043 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway by rail.
- 2016 a new event at The Engine House, the Christmas Gift Fayre, was held for the first time.
- 2016 the Great Western (SVR) Assoc. ran the 'CollettCharles Benjamin Collett, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1922-1941 to Bridgnorth' special train from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth and back to celebrate the re-launch into service of Collett Brake Composite 6562.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 57
- Express Points Web Round-UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR), September 2016