From SVR Wiki
On October 24 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1877 The GWRGreat Western Railway Board authorised the construction of Bewdley North and Bewdley South signal boxes.
- 1970 The ex Henley-in-Arden 11,250 gallon water tank was lifted into place at the new Bridgnorth locomotive watering facilities.
- 1982 GWR 2857 was towed to Bridgnorth where the boiler was lifted using the 30 ton steam crane.
- 1998 The GW(SVR)A celebrated its 25th anniversary with a special train from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth hauled by their locomotive 9303. The Constitution which governs the Association’s status as a registered charity was adopted on that day.
- 1998 45110 and 48773 hauled the Royal Duchy from Exeter-Plymouth-Newquay.
- 2009 The new Highley Station Footbridge opened for public use for half-term services, before closing for a few days to enable final detailing work to take place.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 114
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 18
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 64
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 128
- Charities Commission website
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 129, p.12