From SVR Wiki
On October 19 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1979 A 15ft deep hole was discovered in the formation in Alveley Woods. It was quickly made good in time for the start of the 'Western Weekend' the following day.
- 1985 The SVRSevern Valley Railway Board decided not to offer a home to the former Exeter West signal box.
- 1986 The line was closed south of Bewdley after the last train of the day as work began on installing Bewdley Bypass Bridge.
- 1991 BR Riddles 4MT 75069 hauled the Cam 85 Special, a W.A. 'Cam' Camwell Birthday special, from Crewe to Kidderminster.
- 1997 LMS Stanier Mogul 42968 hauled the Ynys Mon Express Crewe - Holyhead - Crewe.
- 2001 The Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall staged a photo charter with 45110 and the Travelling Post Office set.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history