From SVR Wiki
On October 18 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1959 The ground frame at Maw and Co's siding was taken out of use by BRBritish Rail or British Railways.
- 1992 SR 34027 Taw Valley hauled the South Western Limited railtour via Crewkerne Bank.
- 1997 LMS Stanier Mogul 42968 took the Welsh Dragon railtour between Port Talbot and Shrewsbury with a gross load of 365 tons, a 50% overload.
- 2006 SVRSevern Valley Railway Patron HRH The Duke of Gloucester opened the east wing of Kidderminster station concourse.
- 2008 50049 Defiance and 50044 Exeter took the Rail Blue Charters tour from Manchester Piccadilly to Minehead, 50049's final railtour before a bogie and wheelset overhaul.
- 2010 686 The Lady Armaghdale was shunted into The Engine House. The locomotive had recently been repainted into ICI red after finishing a long stint as 'Thomas the Tank Engine'.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history