From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1852 Hartlebury station opened.
- 1854 Sir Samuel Morton Peto was elected to the board of the Severn Valley Railway.
- 1970 Stourport North, Bewdley South, Bewdley North and Highley signal boxes all closed under BRBritish Rail or British Railways ownership.
- 1976 A busy day at Bewdley MPD saw the lifting of 5 boilers and 2 frames in a single day.
- 1998 Standard 4 tank 80079 became the first standard gauge steam locomotive to reach Blaenau Ffestiniog in more than thirty years.
- 2017 A ceremony marked the start of bricklaying for the new station building at Bridgnorth.
Photos taken on 3 May:
2015: The Diesel Depot under construction
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history