Hugh McQuade was born in 1955. By occupation he is a Paintshop Superviser on the 'big railway'. He has had a lifetime of heritage railway experience, and more than 40 years as an SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society volunteer. He supervises the Carriage & Wagon paint shop at Kidderminster working closely with both volunteers and apprentices.
Officerships on the SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society
- He was a director of Severn Valley Railway Company Limited until he resigned 23 July 1994.
- He was appointed Director of the then-SVRSevern Valley RailwaySVRA:Severn Valley Railway AssociationSVRS:Severn Valley Railway Society Rolling Stock Trust on 15 August 2003. He became Chairman in 2008 in succession to Chris Thomas and continued as Chairman of the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd until resigning as Director on 8 April 2019. Under his chairmanship, the Trust contributed over £1.5 million to Railway projects, created a £1.3 million endowment fund and successfully bid for over £900,000 for Falling Sands Viaduct from The National Lottery Heritage Fund. In late October 2019 he was appointed as the Charitable Trust's first Vice President.
- He is trustee of The LNER (SVR) Coach Fund.
- Charitable Trust Trustees page (Retrieved 20 April 2019)
- Companies House
- 'Changes to our board of trustees', Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust website, April 2018 (Retrieved 6 May 2019)
- 'Hugh McQuade becomes first vice president of the Charitable Trust', Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust website, November 2019 (Retrieved 19 December 2019)