Talk:List of rolling stock
GWRGreat Western Railway 1501 Visited Allied Steel, Cardiff in July 1999. David Cooke (photo evidence available)
- Added to SVR-based locomotives visiting other events--Patrick Hearn (talk) 12:46, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
Should the BRBritish Rail or British Railways Mark 1 carriages in George's Siding at Bridgnorth be included?
Brian/Panda - MOOT point.
A photo from Richard Herington on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=951746388210654&set=pcb.10152898366176989&type=1&theater shows this coach but i can't see it on the wiki, Coach details http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=1784
- It's one of seven on a page called Carriages to be confirmed which are on the VCT database but not yet on the carriages page. I didn't want to add them until I had some confirmation that they hadn't been scrapped or moved away. I don't do Facebook so can't see the context of the picture - would that be North Star Works?--Robin (talk) 20:43, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- PS any info on the other carriages to be confirmed would be welcome.
- 25771 now added.--Robin (talk) 15:22, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
The PAGESINCATEGORY magic word is 'expensive'. It seems to work fine, but if the page is found to be slow loading, we can go back to manually updating the numbers instead. --Robin (talk) 14:17, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
- Note to myself and anyone else interested. Changing the category of a Diesel loco updated the relevant Diesel Loco category page but didn't update the page count on this page. I think it eventually catches up, but you can force a refresh by entering this page URL with ?action=purge added to the end. --Robin (talk) 16:34, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
Stock visiting for contract overhaul or repair
The temporary storage of 5 Colas Class 43 power cars prompts questions for consistency (a) what gets its own page? and (b) where do we list the items for storage only (LSL Mark 3s or Colas power cars) or contract works (Dunrobin, Vintage Trains Class 47)? The 'visiting' pages are for coaches and locos visiting for galas, the visiting stock page isn't. Should we have 'visiting for not gala' pages or expand the ones that are there?--Patrick Hearn (talk) 13:12, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- My 10p worth. (a) There's never been a hard and fast rule, something usually gets its own page if someone is interested enough to write it! (b) There is a separate (incomplete) page for Steam Locomotives visiting the SVR for contract overhauls which includes Dunrobin. We could rename that page "Steam and Diesel Locomotives..." to cover both in the same way as the Former Residents page, or set up an equivalent separate page for Diesels – personally I'd be happy either way. If rolling stock is just here for storage I'd probably it on the Other rolling stock visiting the SVR page and keep it fairly short – one entry and picture to cover all the LSL Mark 3s for example. --Robin (talk) 15:19, 22 July 2021 (UTC)