From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1898 A passenger train from Hartlebury was derailed at Arley.
- 1905 The GWRGreat Western Railway approved the extension of the sidings and provision of a wharf for Prestage & Co at Jackfield.
- 1967 GWR 3930 Full Third was purchased by The Great Western (SVR) Association from Barry Scrapyard.
- 1982 The 1910 30-lever frame at Hartlebury was replaced by a panel.
- 1986 The line reopened south of Bewdley after the completion of Bewdley Bypass Bridge. Installation of the bridge had taken less than six weeks.
- 2001 Kidderminster Carriage Shed was formally opened by HRH The Duke of Gloucester. A plaque on the side of the shed marks the occasion.
- 2003 HE 686 made a return trip on the line with an observation carriage to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Warwickshire Industrial Locomotive Trust.
Photos taken on 29 November:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history