From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1861 The first steam working on the still incomplete line took place between Stourport and Bewdley.
- 1979 A Monmouthshire Railway Society special from Cardiff became the first BRBritish Rail or British Railways through excursion onto SVRSevern Valley Railway metals. 7819 Hinton Manor and D1062 Western Courier provided motive power to and from Bridgnorth.
- 1982 LMR 600 Gordon was used to haul a load of 1,800 concrete sleepers which had arrived at Foley Park in a freight train consisting of 19 'rail freight' O.C.A. low sided open wagons.
- 1982 GWR 7812 Erlestoke Manor took the Welsh Marches Express between Hereford and Chester.
- 1998 GWR 99965 Open 'C' Goods Wagon arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 2018 BR Class 08 D3586 hauled a passenger train from Bridgnorth to Highley following the failures of visiting 6023 King Edward II and first choice replacement BR Class 14 D9551.
Photos taken on 5 May:
2018: D3586 on arrival at Highley with 50049 waiting to take over.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Smith (1968) p. 16.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 52
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 64
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 66, page 9
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition