From SVR Wiki
On May 10 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 During construction at Stourport, a temporary wooden bridge gave way and five trucks fell into the road.
- 1899 The GWRGreat Western Railway Traffic Committee authorised construction of an additional siding at Buildwas.
- 1983 LNWRLondon & North Western Railway Ramsbottom 0-4-0 saddle tank 1439 was filmed at Pencader (Arley) for the BBC 2 Wales play 'The Fasting Girl.
- 1997 80079 hauled a private birthday charter from Birmingham Snow Hill to Didcot and back.
- 2012 BulleidOliver Vaughan Snell Bulleid, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Southern Railway 1937-1948 PacificLocomotive with a 4-6-2 wheel configuration 34053 Sir Keith Park arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Herston works, Swanage.
- 2018 The Erlestoke Manor Fund became a charitable community benefit society.
Photos taken on 10 May:
2017: Recently repainted D1062 Western Courier in Kidderminster TMD
2017: Diesel 50035 Ark Royal at Hampton Loade
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Birmingham Daily Post - Monday 14 May 1860, on the British Newspaper Archive
- Marshall (1989) p. 111.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 68
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 123