From SVR Wiki
On May 1 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1913 A new GWRGreat Western Railway 30 lever frame was installed at Kidderminster Station signal box
- 1971 Sir Gerald Nabarro was elected to the Board of Directors of the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1973 Paul Bryson took a number of photos around the railway operations of Stourport Power Station.
- 1980 LMS Ivatt Class 4 43106 steamed following her first overhaul on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1990 BR locomotive 47474 was named “Sir Rowland Hill” while visiting the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1998 42968 took part in a photo charter with the LMSLondon Midland & Scottish Railway coaching stock.
- 2003 A ceremony was held at Bridgnorth Station to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the closure of RAF Bridgnorth, the former RAF national service training centre at Stanmore Park.
Photos taken on 1 May:
2010: Former resident City of Truro at Didcot
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 96
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 127
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 144