From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1957 Class 3 2-6-2 Tank 82031 was photographed at Bewdley with a train from Shrewsbury.
- 1963 GWR 4930 Hagley Hall, then restricted to working low class goods services due to her run-down condition, replaced a Western class diesel which failed near Swindon when working a Milford Haven to Paddington express.
- 1965 A meeting took place at the house of Tony Tuite. Those present decided to organise a public meeting at the Cooper’s Arms in Kidderminster, which eventually led to the preservation of the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1975 GWR Small Prairie 4566 first steamed in preservation.
- 1985 A water column was erected at the then new Kidderminster station.
- 2004 The Heritage Lottery Fund confirmed a grant of £49,100 towards the forthcoming Railcar50 event.
- 2012 The SVRSevern Valley Railway Rolling Stock Trust was renamed the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd.
- 2019: The 2019 'Step Back to the 1940s' event began. Collett mogul 7325 was on display at Kidderminster.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Photo in SVRSevern Valley Railway News 34
- 'Happy birthday dear 4566', rail.co.uk, 19 June 2015 (Retrieved 3 January 2019)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 149
- Companies House