From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1857 Morton Peto resigned from the Board of the original Severn Valley Railway Company, so that his firm could become the contractors for its construction.
- 1961 The last through passenger service between Bewdley and Woofferton on the Wyre Forest Line was the 7.50 pm Special return working to Kidderminster hauled by GWRGreat Western Railway 2-6-2T No 6144.
- 1965 British Rail agreed a stay of execution on taking up the line at Bridgnorth, so negotiations could take place on saving the line
- 1975 LMR 600 Gordon travelled light engine from Bridgnorth to Urlay Nook near Stockton to take part in the Rail 150 celebrations at Shildon.
- 1999 The ceremonial ‘cutting the first sod’ was carried out on the site of the new Kidderminster Carriage Shed.
- 2001 GWR 813 Saddle Tank visited the Bristol Harbour Railway, one of ten visits that year to preserved railways.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history