From SVR Wiki
On July 28 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
Error creating thumbnail:
- 1857 Morton Peto resigned from the Board of the original Severn Valley Railway Company, so that his firm could become the contractors for its construction.
- 1866 300 - 400 staff of the Brunswick Wheel Works, Wednesbury, had an excursion by train to Bridgnorth
- 1961 The last through passenger service between Bewdley and Woofferton on the Wyre Forest Line was the 7.50 pm Special return working to Kidderminster hauled by GWRGreat Western Railway 2-6-2T No 6144.
- 1962 Swansea-based 80099 was photographed in charge of a northbound two carriage passenger service at Bridgnorth.
- 1965 British Rail agreed a stay of execution on taking up the line at Bridgnorth, so negotiations could take place on saving the line
- 1975 LMR 600 Gordon travelled light engine from Bridgnorth to Urlay Nook near Stockton to take part in the Rail 150 celebrations at Shildon.
- 1999 The ceremonial ‘cutting the first sod’ was carried out on the site of the new Kidderminster Carriage Shed.
- 2001 GWR 813 Saddle Tank visited the Bristol Harbour Railway, one of ten visits that year to preserved railways.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Nabarro (1971) p. 30.
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales Wednesday 1 August 1866
- Beddoes & Smith (1995) p. 190.
- David Adams' image on Facebook (Retrieved 22 November 2021)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 36
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 130