GWR 134290 Fruit A Van
|GWRGreat Western Railway 134290 Fruit A Van|
GWRGreat Western Railway Fruit A Van 134290 (March 2015)
|Built By||GWRGreat Western Railway Swindon|
|Type||4-w ventilated van|
|Telegraphic code||FRUIT A|
|1970||Arrived on SVRSevern Valley Railway|
The van was awaiting scrapping at Barry Scrapyard in 1970 when purchased by SVRSevern Valley Railway member Bob Sim of the 4566 Group, arriving 25 August. It was initially used as a stores van. A planned cosmetic tidy-up in 1989 became an overhaul when inspection revealed that the roof canvas, roof edge planks, all side louvres and several door planks required replacement. By 1998 134290 was in the ownership of the 4566 Group. It received a further repaint in 2002 and repairs to the roof canvas in 2008.
It is photographed at Bewdley.
- Atkins, Beard & Tourret (2013) pp. 36, 445.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 92/95
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 139/141
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 163