From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1900 The GWRGreat Western Railway authorised the construction of extra sidings at Bewdley, including 'Rock Siding' at the back of platform 3.
- 1911 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed to provide siding accommodation for the New Billingsley Colliery Company at the site of the existing Kinlet Colliery sidings.
- 1926 Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No 2047 was delivered new to Rugby Portland Cement Co Ltd at their New Bilton Works near Rugby
- 1965 The Severn Valley Railway Society held a public meeting in Kidderminster Town Hall. Chairman AP Tuite announced a £45,000 fund had been launched.
- 1973 45110 travelled from Bridgnorth via Kidderminster to Derby to attend the Carriage Works Open Day.
- 1989 LNER 3442 The Great Marquess arrived back at Kidderminster from Fort William. Owner The Earl of Lindsay had sadly died eight days earlier.
- 1992 The refurbished hand crane was erected in Highley yard.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history