From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1861 Construction of the Kidderminster Loop Line was first authorised by the West Midland & Severn Valley Companies Act.
- 1863 The West Midland Railway was absorbed by the GWRGreat Western Railway, who took over operations on the Severn Valley Branch.
- 1962 Passenger services were withdrawn on the Wyre Forest Line between Tenbury Wells and Bewdley.
- 1964 Kidderminster Shed closed.
- 1969 Kitson & Co 5474 'Carnarvon' was purchased from Stewarts and Lloyds at Corby.
- 1989 The Earl of Lindsay, SVRSevern Valley Railway chairman and owner of LNER 3442 The Great Marquess, died.
- 1999 The line speed limit was increased to 50 mph (with conditions) to allow for high speed testing of the then new Class 175 'Coradia 1000' diesel multiple units.
Photos taken on 1 August:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history