Hugh McQuade was born in 1955. By occupation he is a Paintshop Superviser on the 'big railway'. He has had a lifetime of heritage railway experience, and more than 40 years as an SVRSevern Valley Railway volunteer. He supervises the Carriage & Wagon paint shop at Kidderminster working closely with both volunteers and apprentices.
Officerships on the SVRSevern Valley Railway
- He was a director of Severn Valley Railway Company Limited until he resigned 23 July 1994.
- He was appointed Director of the then-SVRSevern Valley Railway Rolling Stock Trust on 15 August 2003. He became Chairman of the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd and resigned as Director on 8 April 2019. Under his chairmanship, the Trust contributed over £1.5 million to Railway projects, created a £1.3 million endowment fund and successfully bid for over £900,000 for Falling Sands Viaduct from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
- He is trustee of The LNER (SVR) Coach Fund.
- Charitable Trust Trustees page (Retrieved 20 April 2019)
- Companies House
- 'Changes to our board of trustees', Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust website, April 2018 (Retrieved 6 May 2019)