From SVR Wiki
Revision as of 14:35, 4 April 2022 by Robin (consistent spelling based on that in Gunner and Kennard)
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1895 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed to provide a siding connection at Highley, to be paid for by the Highley Colliery Company.
- 1971 Manning Wardle 0-6-0PT 2047 was named "Warwickshire" by Mr H A Vigar, the former manager of Rugby Portland Cement's New Bilton Works where the locomotive spent its working life.
- 1971 Two Wickham trolleys, PWM2827 (B190W) and PWM3774 (B13W), arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Worcester.
- 1980 LNER 43600 Open Third arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway in black livery.
- 2004 Bridgnorth Station Footbridge returned into use, having been dismantled and moved off site for refurbishment two months earlier.
Photos taken on 3 April:
2016: 34053 Sir Keith Park carried a "Merchant Venturer" headboard.
2016: 7812 Erlestoke Manor with a "Merchant Venturer" headboard.
- Marshall (1989) p. 97.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 19
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 146-7
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history