- 1899 A short-lived siding was opened at Folly Point to serve the construction of the Elan Valley Aqueduct.
- 1967 BRBritish Rail or British Railways gave permission for 3205 to travel in steam to Taplow Station goods yard for a GWSGreat Western Society open day.
- 1973 43106 was test steamed after nearly two years of restoration.
- 2000 50049 Defiance and 50031 Hood (as D431) hauled the 'Celtic Hoover' railtour
- 2006 813 was exhibited at STEAM GWRGreat Western Railway Museum, Swindon.
- 2012 Michael Portillo visited the SVRSevern Valley Railway, filming part of the 'Great British Railway Journeys' series
Photos taken on 16 September:
1962: Eardington, southbound ex-GWRGreat Western Railway Pannier 3788 with a passenger service
1962: Eardington, a BRBritish Rail or British Railways DMUDiesel Multiple Unit at the platform
1962: Oldbury Viaduct, View of a DMUDiesel Multiple Unit on the viaduct
All pictures from the (Sellick Collection)
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 95.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 29
- The GWR 813 Preservation Fund Diary of Visits & Steamings 2000 -2010