From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1902 Wolverhampton Fireman, William Baggott, was reported for "Taking too much drink when on duty & rendering himself incapable of working his return train" and was later discharged with notice.
- 1955 The Stephenson Railway Society organised a ‘special’ from Birmingham via Kidderminster and Bewdley to Ditton Priors, with the now preserved 'DeanWilliam Dean, Chief Locomotive Engineer of the Great Western Railway 1977-1902 Goods' No 2516 taking the train over Severn Valley metals to Cleobury Mortimer.
- 1972 Sunday saw Collett 0-6-0 3205 and newly restored 5764 in service together, the first time two GWRGreat Western Railway locomotives had shared Severn Valley passenger services since the 1960s.
- 1987 7819 Hinton Manor and 75069 left Bridgnorth light engine for Machynlleth to take part in the Cardigan Bay Express season.
- 1993 GWR 112889 Mink 'G' Covered Goods Van arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1999 45110 commenced her season's Steam on the Met with a private charter Harrow-Amersham,
- 2015 Bridgnorth Loco Works completed the boiler overhaul of Welshpool & Llanfair No. 10 Sir Drefaldwyn.
Photos taken on 21 May:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- GWRGreat Western Railway Staffing Records held by National Archives, via Ancestry UK
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 24
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 85
- SVRSevern Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition