From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1863 A wide-ranging agreement was reached between the LNWRLondon & North Western Railway and the GWRGreat Western Railway/West Midland Railway by which the LNWRLondon & North Western Railway would not oppose the forthcoming absorption of the WMR; the GWRGreat Western Railway/WMR would construct the Kidderminster Loop Line; and the LNWRLondon & North Western Railway obtained running powers over the Tenbury and Bewdley Railway and the line from Bewdley via Hartlebury to Smethwick.
- 1869 The GWRGreat Western Railway Board authorised repairs to Crossing Cottage at Eardington.
- 1911 The GWRGreat Western Railway Board approved the Engineering Committee's proposal to reline Bridgnorth Tunnel.
- 1973 Sir Gerald Nabarro agreed to step down as Chairman of SVR(H), his place being taken by Viscount Garnock.
- 1986 75069 underwent tyre turning at Tyseley.
- 1987 HRH Prince Michael of Kent presented the SVRSevern Valley Railway with the 1986 Ian Allan Champions Award for Highley Station and a First Class Award for Arley Station.
- 1990 Viscountess Cobham visited the season opening day. 6960 Raveningham Hall carried 'Hagley Hall' plates in recognition of her home.
- 1994 D821 Greyhound attended Old Oak Common Open Day as a static exhibit.
Photos taken on 17 March:
2017: Recently arrived Seacow ballast hoppers at Eardington
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history