From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1856 A meeting of interested parties was held at Bridgnorth in an attempt to attract new shareholders.
- 1954 BRBritish Rail or British Railways reopened Jackfield Halt at a new location, following the landslip in 1952.
- 1979 LNER 43612 Open Third came to the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Norwich.
- 1980 The SVRSevern Valley Railway reopened after a four month overhaul of Victoria Bridge.
- 1982 The first part of the Doctor Who episode 'Black Orchid' was broadcast on BBC1, including a shot of 4566 setting off past Arley signal box taken from the earlier BBC production God's Wonderful Railway.
- 1999 Contractors started inspection and repointing work in Knowlesands Tunnel.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- ↑ Bridgnorth Journal, 8 March 1856, via the British Newspaper Archive
- ↑ Marshall (1989) p. 109.
- ↑ Marshall (1989) p. 96.
- ↑ 'Black Orchid’, BBC DVD, ‘Now and Then’ special feature
- ↑ SVRSevern Valley Railway News 130