From SVR Wiki
On June 3 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1979 Filming of 'God's Wonderful Railway' took place at Highley station featuring 4566. Bewdley stationmaster Malcolm Broadhurst appeared as an extra.
- 1979 2857 became the first ChurchwardGeorge Jackson Churchward, Chief Mechanical Engineer (CME) of the Great Western Railway 1902-1922 2-8-0 to be steamed in preservation.
- 1990 As the "Heavy Freight Weekend" came to a close, a number of wagons were derailed on the trap points at the north end of Bridgnorth Station.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 53
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 97