From SVR Wiki
On July 15 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1908 The GWRGreat Western Railway agreed that Maw & Co could extract clay from land belonging to the railway in return for leaving clay under the railway itself unworked.
- 1960 GWR Small Prairie 4566 became the last steam locomotive overhauled at Newton Abbot works.
- 1973 Kidderminster Station signal box closed.
- 1975 Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft Class 64 locomotive DRG 64 305 left Harwich by road on the last leg of its journey from West Germany to its new home at Bridgnorth, which was completed the next day.
- 1989 The Earl of Lindsay, SVRSevern Valley Railway chairman and owner of LNER 3442 The Great Marquess, rode on the footplate of his engine for the last time. He sadly died sixteen days later.
- 2005 A special train carrying 350 'Harry Potter' fans to Arley arrived at midnight to collect their copies of the newly published sixth book, 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'.
Photos taken on 15 July:
2017: WD 55577 Brake Van (fictitious number) in Bewdley yard
2017: GWR 80982 Signal Dept Van at Bewdley
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Marshall (1989) p. 108.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 36
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 93
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 151