From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1951 BRBritish Rail or British Railways reduced Linley station to a halt status and closed the station siding.
- 1960 Kidderminster Shed became BRBritish Rail or British Railways(W) Shed 84G under Wolverhampton, its first move from Worcester Division.
- 1985 2857 worked a a demonstration freight train to Newport and back as part of the GW 150 celebrations. BR 953153 Goods Brake Van was still owned by BRBritish Rail or British Railways when it arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, having been attached to the returning train.
- 2017 The annual 'On the Buses' event at Bewdley featured a New Routemaster ("Boris Bus") as well as the normal vintage exhibits.
- 2018 50044 Exeter returned to passenger duty after a six-year absence with overhauled engine and overhauled main, ETHElectric Train Heating and auxiliary generators.
Photos taken on 10 September:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Mitchell and Smith (2007) fig. 81.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 78
- Severn Valley Diesels Official Facebook Group