On October 7 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1894 Stourbridge Enginemen, Samuel Rollings and Richard Joinson, were reported for "Quarrelling & fighting in loco shed & generally falling short of Company's standards" which resulted in 1 month's notice to Rollings, and Joinson being suspended for 2 weeks and fined £1.
- 1972 The SVRSevern Valley Railway Civil Engineering Department visited the Wednesbury-Darlaston mineral line to collect a 2,000 gallon water tank for use as a header for a parachute tank at Bewdley.
- 2000 SR 34027 Taw Valley took the Southern Scot railtour between Crewe and Glasgow Central.
- 2013 Former boxer Richie Woodhall presented an item on BBC's Inside Out West Midlands on the SVRSevern Valley Railway's need for new apprentices.
- 2017 50049 Defiance operated Pathfinder's 'The Caledonian' between Crewe and Glasgow with 50007 Hercules.
Photos taken on 7 October:
1959: Alveley Sidings, southbound ex-GWRGreat Western Railway 43xx 6388 with a coal train
1959: Bewdley , a northbound ex-GWRGreat Western Railway PrairieLocomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel configuration on a passenger service
1959: Hampton Loade, a northbound ex-GWRGreat Western Railway Railcar
1959: Highley, southbound ex-GWRGreat Western Railway Pannier 3601 with a passenger service
All pictures from the (Sellick Collection)
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history