From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1970 The SVRSevern Valley Railway met with BRBritish Rail or British Railways and provisionally agreed to buy the southern section of the line between Alveley Sidings and Foley Park for £74,000, subject to contract and BRBritish Rail or British Railways Board approval.
- 1977 the SVRSevern Valley Railway provided a rake of GWRGreat Western Railway carriages for use on a mainline excursion, 'The Severn Valley Limited', the itinerary including Plymouth and Liskeard.
- 1982 Episode 2 of L For Lester was first broadcast, utilising D1013 Western Ranger and recently acquired ex-BRBritish Rail or British Railways Mark 1 coaches in appropriate BRBritish Rail or British Railways blue and grey livery.
- 1994 The 8F Society presented a cheque for funds raised to the Turntable Fund, while 8F 48773 was turned.
- 2000 D821 Greyhound as D845 Sprightly and D1013 Western Ranger appeared at Worcester Open Day.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history