From SVR Wiki
On November 17 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1858 The Worcestershire Chronicle reported a dispute between the Severn Valley Railway Company and Thomas Whitmore had been resolved, which had delayed construction work at Bridgnorth Tunnel.
- 1970 GWR 17410 'Toad' 20T Goods Brake Van and Cadbury's 346 Goods Van both arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1973 GWR 80225 Ballast Wagon and 80603 arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway, purchased from BRBritish Rail or British Railways Swindon by SVR(H) for PWPermanent Way Department use.
- 1973 John Hill was elected Chairman of the SVRA in succession to John Garth.
- 1997 Breakdown train tool / mess coach ADB 975128, formerly BSK 34754, arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Crescent Yard, Peterborough.
- 2001 The SVR Rolling Stock Trust Company Limited was incorporated on 17 December 2001 as a private company limited by guarantee.
- 2008 The SVRSevern Valley Railway announced that the funding package and design were in place to construct the Highley Station Footbridge.
- 2016 Masterpiece Models visited the Diesel Depot to laser scan BR Class 52 D1015 Western Champion for a super detailed O gauge model.
- 2017 BR 4399 Tourist Standard Open made a return trip to Kidderminster to be turned for overhaul work to continue at Bridgnorth.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history