From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1973 GWR/BR 92090 Fruit D Van arrived on the SVRSevern Valley Railway from Gloucester.
- 1994 Work began to re-decorate the interior of Highley signal box. The job was completed during August.
- 2001 D821 Greyhound appeared at Falmouth Docks as D821 Cornwall, where it was twinned with the Royal Navy ship.
- 2002 L&Y class 25 0-6-0 No. 957 (BRBritish Rail or British Railways 52044) worked the 1.00 pm Kidderminster to Bridgnorth service, double headed with 46443. The test run followed a contract restoration which began in summer 1997.
- 2011 boiler SVR1 was dispatched to the Talyllyn Railway at Tywyn. This was the first new boiler to be completed by the SVRSevern Valley Railway and the first boiler completed in Bridgnorth for nearly two hundred years. It was fitted to Talyllyn Railway No 2 Dolgoch.
Photos taken on 24 March:
2012: Sharp Stewart 0-4-4T Dunrobin in Bridgnorth works
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Diesel Traction Group (Retrieved 10 March 2000)
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 140
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 122
- Express Points Web Round-UpIn reference to the direction of travel means towards the major terminus (i.e. towards Kidderminster on the present day SVR), April 2011