Mainline Operators Servicing Kidderminster
Since privatisation of British Rail from 1993 several Train Operating Companies have run timetabled passenger trains to Kidderminster mainline station, carrying passengers for the Severn Valley Railway.
Chiltern Railways was formed from part of the nationalised British Rail. It has operated services since 21 July 1996 and operates from London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill and Kidderminster.
In September 2014 Chiltern operated a return ‘Silver King’ charter from London Marylebone to Bridgnorth using locomotove 67010, one of its Mk III coaching sets and Driving Van Trailer 82301.
Central Trains too was formed from part of the nationalised British Rail. It operated services from 2 March 1997 until 11 November 2007 from Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill.
On 11 November 2007, Central Trains' local and urban services around the West Midlands were merged with former Silverlink Country services to form London Midland. It should not be confused with the historic but similarly named London Midland Region of British Railways or the pre-Nationalisation London Midland & Scottish Railway.
- In October 2010 London Midland provided pioneer ‘Sprinter’ 3-car set 150 001 for the ‘Railcar Reunion’ event.
- On 12 November 2011 it supplied 150 001 and 150 106 for a charity 'London Midland Farewell 150 tour' around the West Midlands, including Bridgnorth.
West Midlands Railway
West Midlands Trains took over the franchise from London Midland on 10 December 2017 and operates as West Midlands Railway. It should not be confused with the historic but similarly named West Midland Railway.
Very few CrossCountry services are timetabled to use the route, to ensure drivers retain route knowledge. During engineering works the line is a diversionary route. None of these trains call at any of the stations along the line, although some diversionary trains were in previous years booked to call at Kidderminster.
- West Midland Railway and West Midlands Railway: 1862-1872
- SVR's Kidderminster Town station
- Kidderminster mainline station
- Sharpo's World blog (Retrieved 7 September 2018)