From SVR Wiki
SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1847 The first known mention of the Severn Valley Railway in a newspaper.
- 1967 A first meeting was held with Bridgnorth Rural Borough Council to discuss the future of the Hollybush Road footbridge.
- 1978 Railcar 22 left the SVRSevern Valley Railway to return to Didcot. The diesel railcar had arrived on loan in 1967.
- 1984 Maj. Olver inspected the SVRSevern Valley Railway ahead of the opening of the Kidderminster extension.
- 1986 Bridgnorth District Council served notice on the SVRSevern Valley Railway to cease boiler rivetting at Bridgnorth.
- 1998 John Garth retired as SVRSevern Valley Railway(H) Director, becoming an honorary Life Vice-President
- 1999 the Railway saw the incoming 'The Blackcountryman' railtour from Harrow, with steam from Preston to Arley, using Black 5 45407. She remained for several weeks.
- 2002 saw GWR 813 Saddle Tank at the East Somerset Railway on the fourth leg of an eight railway tour
- 2017 saw GWR Pannier 1501 at the Llangollen Railway to begin a short hire period
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 19
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 96
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 73
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 83
- uksteam website (Retrieved 11 July 2019)