From SVR Wiki
On January 3 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1861 Construction of the Tenbury & Bewdley Railway began.
- 1970 the final regular timetabled BRBritish Rail or British Railways passenger services ran between Bewdley and Hartlebury and Kidderminster.
- 2000 A reunion of former BRBritish Rail or British Railways staff was staged to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the end of BRBritish Rail or British Railways services. Special DMU shuttles ran between Kidderminster and Bewdley.
- 2010 Alun Rees drove 43106 on the dining train; his last turn before retiring as a driver. His son Gwyn acted as fireman.
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Beddoes & Smith (1995) p. 17.
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 131, 132
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 169