From SVR Wiki
On January 2 in SVRSevern Valley Railway history.
- 1860 A youth, James Painting, died from injuries received after he was run over by some railway waggons [sic] near Berrington during construction of the SVRSevern Valley Railway.
- 1875 The Kidderminster Times reported that construction of the loop line to Bewdley would begin as soon as the weather became favourable.
- 1905 The first halt opened at Foley Park. A full service of two railmotors was introduced on that section from the same date.
- 2018 34053 Sir Keith Park ran her last SVRSevern Valley Railway services before her move to Swanage the following week.
Photos taken on 2 January:
On this day in SVRSevern Valley Railway history
- Shrewsbury Chronicle - Friday 13 January 1860, on the British Newspaper Archive
- SVRSevern Valley Railway News 69
- Marshall (1989) p. 92.